Saturday 21 February 2015

OUGD406 STUDIO BRIEF 2 - INTERIM CRITIQUES

For my interim critiques yesterday, I selected 8 of my designs which I thought were the strongest contenders, to present to my peers for feedback.

These are the designs that I showed to my peers during critiques. I chose these designs as I thought these had the most potential for being final designs, and were all showcasing the type of style and colour scheme I wanted my final design to portray.
Feedback:

In my interim critique there were two second year students sitting in giving feedback, and because of this I didn't get hardly any feedback off anybody else except for them, which was a shame.
What I gathered from the feedback I received is that they preferred the Lust typeface over Century Expanded, as it gives a little something extra to the design, makes it more interesting. They also liked the design with the white banner, rather than the box, as they thought this separated the information up a bit, creating clean lines.
A way to improve my designs was suggested, in that I could try experimenting with different background and pattern colours, to see if any other colour worked better.

Following on from this feedback, I think I will continue with the pattern and white banner design, experimenting with colour and layout of the text as well, also typefaces too, whether I used Lust Script of Lust. I think I will also explore the blue background designs, but sticking with Lust Script, or perhaps trying Lust italic, to achieve the same rounded appearance without the extra flourishes. I will also experiment with colour as well, to try and achieve a bold yet warm appearance, although I really like the white text on coloured background idea, so perhaps just a different background colour could be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment