Wednesday 4 February 2015

OUGD406 STUDIO BRIEF 1 - CHOSEN TRACK

After undertaking research into Secret 7" and record sleeve designs, and listening to each of the tracks several times, I have chosen to produce sleeve designs for the track Digital Witness by St. Vincent. I chose this track because I actually really like the track itself, and I feel it is important for me to like the track so that I am interested in producing effective designs for it, otherwise I won't enjoy it. I also found the music video really inspiring, and the use of colour unique and interesting. I also thought the whole concept of the song and music video was interesting, how everybody is consumed with screens, and nobody pays attention to other people, so what's the point of doing anything if nobody is there to watch you do it. The main reason I chose this track because of the music video, with it being made up of geometrical shapes and strong contrasting, yet light colours, to suggest a neutral world. I think I can do something really interesting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment